Re: g_utf8_validate() and NUL characters
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Maciej Katafiasz <mathrick gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: g_utf8_validate() and NUL characters
- Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 21:34:04 -0400
Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
>>> Another possibility mentioned was making more use of GString.
>> Not a huge fan.
> Why's that? GString is a very odd animal, we have it, it works fine and
> is as good a string implementation and as compatible with char* as
> possible within C, yet it seems to be used exactly nowhere. What's the
> reason not to use GStrings if they do just what's needed? Or why do we
> have them if no-one wants to use them?
GString is a string-builder. It can't represent readonly strings.
] [Thread Prev