Re: RGBA Colormaps in GtkWindow

2008/5/31 John Stowers <john stowers lists gmail com>:

> Firefox seems to work fine, (as far as giuseppe told me), I tested
> Acrobat reader and it crashed (I have installed just for the occasion
> since I always used evince :) ). Maybe Acrobat should force RGB in the
> code before realization.

If Firefox 3 works then gtkmozembed certainly doesnt.

If I enable rgba colormaps in conduit, and then construct a window with
an embedded gtkmoxembed widget in it then I get a whole bunch of

GtkWarning: gtk_paint_option: assertion `style->depth ==
gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed
 conduit.GLOBALS.mainloop.run()

John

WxWidgets could be bugged too... By the way, in my opinion, it's so useless for us to continue quoting every single bug: we're sure there will be, maybe a lot.
The important part is that we should start fixing those bugs, and if we are lucky enough they will be less than what we are expecting.
No one is forcing gtk to enable this xsetting/variable by default, it will be enabled when things will be stable. Actually is very important to fix the trayicon specs, which are odd, and implement that feature (setting/variable) so we can start fixing the bugged apps that will be.

Cheers
--
Andrea "Cimi" Cimitan - <andrea cimitan gmail com>