GTK Stock Buttons Causing Program to Crash

Hello. I have a dialog window that when I add a GTK_STOCK button to it, it
causes my program to crash on the gtk_dialog_run() call. If I do not add the
GTK_STOCK button to my dialog window, the window opens up fine. I have tried
adding GTK_STOCK buttons to my window by using the
gtk_dialog_new_with_buttons() function as well as the
gtk_button_new_from_stock() function. In both cases, the program crashes
when I try to open the window.

Any ideas on this? I am developing on a Red Hat Linux laptop with C++.

Thanks a bunch for the help!