Re: Moving "Open with" to the platform

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 16:49 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I think having a dbus api for nautilus is an excellent idea. Suitable
> operations include things like:
>
> * list open windows and locations

Why not, but what's the use case ?

> * open a window

gnome-open URI seems a more general way of doing this

> * reload windows showing a location

Good thing to have, but it should live in gio, so that all apps having a
handle on that location (i.e. a fileselector, or a specialized widget)
are correctly notified.

> * modify selection in a window

Again why not, but I can't see the use case, except maybe for some
plugins.

> * modify nautilus metadata like notes and emblems

Great, but I also would like to see and use this metadata in other apps
(e.g. be able to tag a song or a movie in a media player). Should it
live in gio also ?

	Xav