Re: Move to LGPL3

Le samedi 15 mars 2008 à 21:43 +0100, Christian Persch a écrit :
> Hi Jean;
>
> Am Samstag, den 15.03.2008, 21:09 +0100 schrieb Jean Bréfort:
> > Hmm, and what will happen to applications using at least one GPLv2-only
> > libraries?
>
> This might indeed pose a problem, though I'm not sure how major it is. I
> have to admit that it is however not a theoretical problem, since we
> just found out that we do depend on one such library in Gnome: evince
> uses libpoppler which is a fork of Xpdf, and it is GPL version 2 only.

Other affected projects are Goffice (GPL-v2 only) and all those which
depend on it, namely Gnumeric, Abiword, Gnucash and GChemUtils (the last
also use OpenBabel, another GPL-v2 only library). Seems that all the
projects I'm involved in would be affected. Some can be relicensed, but
probably not all, just because some previous contributors seem to have
disappeared from the earth surface.