Re: Move to LGPL3
- From: Christian Persch <chpe gnome org>
- To: Andrew Cowie <andrew operationaldynamics com>
- Cc: desrt desrt ca, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Move to LGPL3
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 21:41:39 +0100
Am Samstag, den 15.03.2008, 21:16 +0100 schrieb Andrew Cowie:
> This topic was discussed recently on foundation-list.
> In summary, attempting to relicence the library would be, in practise,
Your link is not at all pertinent to the discussion. If you looked at
the gtk+ sources, you'll find that it says "LGPL 2 or (at your option)
any later version". This gives us the right to use and distribute it
under the terms of either the LGPL2, or LGPL3+. We may just choose to
remove the LGPL2 option.
> No further benefit is gained by discussing this topic further.
You don't get to end this discussion without everyone else having had
their say, especially when you haven't contributed anything to the
] [Thread Prev