Re: New subscriber: redesign of Unicode character tables (GLib)

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 22:38 +0100, adrian.dmc wrote:
> Hi, I'm new here...

Welcome.  I'm the resident Unicode hacker around here for now.

> My objective, for now, its to rework the Unicode support of GLib by
> redesigning its character tables, specially its size.
> I'll appreciate some guidelines and suggestion ("Give up!!" included).

Awesome!  I've got a year-long (being VERY optimistic) project for you!
The idea is to write a fd.o library to expose ALL of UCD, and nothing
else.  And by ALL I mean all the ~80 properties enumerated here:

  http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UCD.html#Properties

I have thought about it a lot.  Let me know if you are interested and
I'll write a design document.

> I'm currently reading/analyzing the Unicode Standard 5.1 and the GLib
> support for Unicode to later propose the redesign.
>
> Keep up the good work...
> Best regards...

Cheers,

--