Re: working version of GTK for win64

(Sorry for replying a bit late.)

>  I've tried to build and run gtk for 64-bit Windows. At last I can upload
> working version for usage:

Great! I hope people who are interested will try them out. (Personally
I don't have any machine running 64-bit Windows, unfortunately.)

> http://rapidshare.com/files/130142295/gtk-2.12.9-win64-devel.zip.html
> http://rapidshare.com/files/130142294/gtk-2.12.9-win64-src.tar.bz2.html

>  For build I've use cross-compile mode for mingw compiler:

Nice.

> with CFLAGS="-s -O2 -mms-bitfields".

Is the -mms-bitfields flag still needed for Win64? I am a bit
disappointed in that case, why can't they simply make it the default?
Presumably for Win32 it was noticed only when gcc had been available
for a while that there are differences in struct packing compared to
the "official" ABI, and they then introduced that switch (which
actually first was named -fnative-struct). But as gcc for Win64 is a
relatively recent development, why not be struct packing compatible
with MSVC from the beginning?

> $EGREP -e 'file format pe-i386(.*architecture: i386)?' >/dev/null ; then

> $EGREP -e 'file format pe-(.*architecture: i386)?' >/dev/null ; then

Hmm, this needs to be filed in upstream libtool, I guess. Will take a
while before such a patch, if accepted, then trickles down into actual
tarballs, of course. So that is then something one must take care of
as part of the build process, add to one's build scripts.

> and in glib/gmain.h for polling:
>
> #ifdef G_OS_WIN32
>  void*         fd;
> #else
>  gint          fd;
> #endif

Hmm, GLib already has:

#if defined (G_OS_WIN32) && GLIB_SIZEOF_VOID_P == 8
  gint64	fd;
#else
  gint		fd;
#endif

isn't that enough?

>  3) for all Windows API calls in gtk/gdk/win32 use new declarations:
> SetWindowLongPtr instead of SetWindowLong, GWLP_HWNDPARENT for
> GWL_HWNDPARENT and so on.

Could you produce a proper patch, and file a bug and attach the patch please?

> From my point of view it will be very useful to
> incorporate code changes or some cleanups which work with win32 and win64
> versions of gtk and we'll continue to use gtk libraries in more areas and
> applications.

Yep. I will work on integrating the necessary changes into trunk in SVN.

--tml