g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id

While writing python bindings for gio I've run into a problem with
g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id.

the doc doesn't state that the list of files needs to be a Glist of
GFile, so I was using uris in the GList to test the bindings.

Another similar function g_app_launch_context_get_display accepts a
GList of uris or better its implementation in gdk
(GdkAppLaunchContext) since the "files" param is never used
internally.

g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id in GdkAppLaunchContext
(_gdk_windowing_get_startup_notify_id) needs to use a GFile,
specifically the function get_icon in gdkapplaunchcontext-x11.c

So the problem is... should be a GFile always used for consistency or
it's just enough to state in the docs that
g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id needs a Glist of GFiles?

I hope I made myself clear enough.

cheers
--
Gian Mario Tagliaretti