Re: GTK suddenly not finding Pango after DirectFB upgrade during .configure

Keith Williams wrote:

Hello:

I am building for an GTK+2.12.10 for an embedded ARM Linux system through Scratchbox. Previously, I've been able to get everything to build (along with applications). Yesterday, I upgraded DirectFB and needed to rebuild GTK and the applications (they were still linked to the old DirectFB libraries).

Now when I .configure GTK I am getting can't find Pango. I rebuilt and reinstalled pango, but with the same results. All of the other items (DirectFB, Pango, ATK, Pixbuf, Glib, etc.) build just fine. Something is odd with GTK and I've not been able to find it.

I did search google with a lot of results showing. However, most of them are several years old and I'm not seeing anyone describing a real fix. Many are simply people not setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or PKG_CONFIG_PATH's. (both of which I am doing).

This turned out to actually being a Cairo issue. Cairo was linked to the old DirectFB libraries (that were no longer there). This made the Pango discovery in the GTK configure fail.

Rebuilt Cairo, Re-rebuilt Pango, .configure for GTK is happy.

Keith