Re: GHashTable and const
- From: Mark Mielke <mark mark mielke cc>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GHashTable and const
- Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:47:25 -0400
Havoc Pennington wrote:
I'm not a GTK maintainer, but one problem with this is backward
compatibility. Adding const can certainly break previously-working
code, especially C++ code.
This was an issued once faced when people migrated from K&R C to ANSI C.
Nothing wrong with having a gconst that is defined to nothing on systems
that do not support it, or for compatibility. Not saying it should be
done or not - but if it is done, this isn't the first time in history
this compatibility issue has been faced.
Mark Mielke <mark mielke cc>
] [Thread Prev