[GIO] Errors from async stream methods

Hi all,

I am wondering how errors are reported in the g_*put_stream_*_async methods.

Inside gio I see that a SimpleAsyncResult is used for this. It has a GError error member, but it is not exposed in any public api as far as I can tell, so apps receiving an AsyncResult have no way to check if the op completed.

Perhaps this is done in a clever way that I simply cannot see (very likely), but then the documentation is lacking I think.

My gut reaction would be to simply chuck a GError* in the ends of the AsyncReadyCallback signature, I wonder why this is not the solution?

Cheers,
Mikkel