RE: About the Glib porting for My custom os

Hai,
 I have one more doubt... Not one?
Ok. The whole purpose is to port GTK+ onto my OS. But while analyzing the GTK+, I found most of the GTK+ libraries are portable. But in which way it is portable is a question?.
My question is about the rendering frame work of GTK+. GDK is providing cairo back end (  which will be using opengl es or native implementation ?) for GTK to render. But why directly to opengl or opengles? Why there is only Direct FB and X11 support?
If there is a common interface framewrok like glib for graphics rendering other than gdk_cairo_* ( I AM NOT SURE IT IS THERE.. PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF IT IS THERE) I can use my own rendering apis.( like gdk_grahics_* ). ( Just like the gthread implementation model...superb)
And the important question is
"if I want to port the entire GTK+ to my custom os , what will be the effort needed for porting it , means and what are the libraries which is completely portable ?"

Best Regards,
 Susmith M R