Re: RFC: Deprecate GTK_{RESPONSE,STOCK}_{YES,NO}

2008/8/25 Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>:
> Hi,
>
> The pure existence of GTK_RESPONSE_YES, GTK_RESPONSE_NO, GTK_STOCK_YES
> and GTK_STOCK_NO encourages creation of horrible user interfaces.

What a terrible idea!

First, GTK_RESPONSE_YES and GTK_RESPONSE_NO do not imply
much about user interfaces, good or bad.  They are response codes,
nothing else, and can be paired with any GTK_STOCK_* in full
observance of the HIG.

Second, for GTK_STOCK_YES and GTK_STOCK_NO, do you really
want to break a pile of GTK applications just because they run afoul
of a related project's (i.e., Gnome's) guide lines?  Note: guide lines
are not strict rules.

(For the record, I seem to have lots of _RESPONSE_  lying around,
but no _STOCK_ ones.  Unless they are somehow hidden in glade
files.)

Morten