GLib 2.17.7 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.17.7 released
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:41:51 -0400
GLib 2.17.7 is now available for download at:
glib-2.17.7.tar.bz2 md5sum: 50abcc857a93498fe7d8d0bda2ed2805
glib-2.17.7.tar.gz md5sum: 135f08f90198690da27e2194654bd15c
This is another development release leading up to GLib 2.18.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.16. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.16.
* GLib 2.18 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.16 series. The new API additions in GLib 2.17
are finalized at this point. Except for unforeseen
last-minute problems, there should be no more API
changes between this release and the final 2.18 release.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.17.6 to GLib 2.17.7
* More fixes for 64-bit Windows
- Add a vfs implementation for HTTP and HTTPS URIs on Windows
* Bugs fixed:
546329 API docs for g_utf8_normalize() are incorrect
546876 Modify GMarkup parser to accept  ..
547200 g_utf8_find_next_char() issues
547637 unconditional #include of sys/statfs.h in configure
547337 G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED breaks tests build
547832 gtk+-2.12.11 fails to build - AC_PROG_MMAP too strict
502498 Test framework assertion failures should follow gcc
546371 Improve docs re g_file_monitor
546483 GThemedIcon:use-default-fallbacks is not readable without...
546132 GFileIcon is bindings-unfriendly
542156 zfs mount in home directory shown on nautilus desktop
535124 umask 002 not being applied for new directories...
547080 g_file_copy leaks expected errors
546582 Callbacks from GFileMonitor present a GFile...
547262 Missing link in the docs
* Updated translations:
Norwegian bokmål (nb)
Brazilian Portugese (pt_BR)
Thanks to all contributors
Federico Mena Quintero
Erik van Pienbroek
August 18, 2008
] [Thread Prev