Re: When to call g_thread_init(), again...

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:
>> For example, Glib have g_mem_set_vtable() that alose requires to be first.
>
> Whee, so GLib documentation is internally inconsistent then. What a mess.
>
>> Current wording of the g_thread_init() documentation doesn't
>> introduces such ambiguility at least...
>
> It doesn't? I think "You must call g_thread_init() before executing
> any other GLib functions in a threaded GLib program." is pretty
> unambiguous assuming you can decide what "threaded program" means.
>
> Or do you interpret this as "once you have created a thread (thus
> turning your program into a threaded one), you must call
> g_thread_init()" ? I don't think that makes sense.

No, "threaded program" for me is a program that uses or potencially
may use threads" -- pretty generic definition.  I just read and said
about documentation for g_thread_init() itself, not about "general
description" of the while Thread module...  Sorry for confusion.

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <andrew w nosenko gmail com>