Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-08-12

= minutes for the 2008-08-12 meeting =

* 2.14 release status
+ last-minute API additions
  - 163251, GtkTextView:needs_im_reset field accessor for subclasses
  - 408244, already accepted, single style property
+ how do we document and get feedback on sealing in 2.14?
  - sealing is opt-in
  - developers should report issues
  - needs a section in the README/Release Notes
ACTION: the gtk.org website needs a "Best Practises" section
+ regressions and pending bugs
  - file chooser resizing (federico)
  - remote files handling in file chooser (garnacho)
ACTION: check if garnacho's patches fix gimp (mitch)
ACTION: review all the newly added classes for padding, etc.

* 3.0 planning
+ bolsh propses a meeting at the Summit in Boston
+ invite ISVs
+ only mclasen will be there
+ ISVs pointed out to the foundation that there is some barrier
  to interacting with the maintainers
  - gtk-devel is seen as "maintainer-only"
+ need a gtk+ 3.0 plan published outside blogs
+ filing bugs re: the website to fix the description of the
  maintainers/developers communication channels
ACTION: have a gtk+ 3 section on the website
+ glib 3.0
  - not much to seal
  - not many deprecations
  - maybe wait this cycle out and not break along with gtk+
  - glib 3.0 features that would require breakage:
    - GParamspec
    - GMarkupParser
    - GScanner
ACTION: find out if something else requires breaking in glib 3.0
ACTION: have a plan for 3.0 out with the 2.14 release (mclasen)

irc log available at: http://live.gnome.org/GTK+/Meetings
next meeting: 2008-08-26, 20:00 UTC


Emmanuele Bassi,
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.net
B: http://log.emmanuelebassi.net

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]