Re: UTF8 strchug/chomp/strip

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 11:27 -0400, ANDREW PAPROCKI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN
wrote:
> I noticed that glib doesn't contain g_utf8_strchug, g_utf8_strchomp, g_utf8_strstrip (macro), which would be UTF8 safe versions of the functions in gstrfuncs.c.
>
> Conveniently, these functions already exists in file-roller, which I found here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6xpjv9
>
> Can these be pulled down into gutf8.c / gunicode.h?

Well, not without relicensing from the authors.

Note that the non-_utf8_ work fine on UTF-8 strings as long as you don't
need to strip exotic whitespace. (Stripping exotic whitespace is
probably good if you are cleaning up user input, less necessary if you
are, say parsing a config file.)

- Owen