Re: thoughts about improving GtkTreeView: better selection interaction

> However, the rubber banding selection is not aware of this. Also, it may
> be advisable to only highlight the first column for selection.

As far as I can understand now, this is really like the Windows
explorer.

> For developers, this may yield a convenient API like
>   gtk_tree_view_set_selection_column()
> which would promote only one column as column for selection interaction.

Such an API might work.  However, I am not yet sure how and if this will
fit in the current "behavioral model" for GtkTreeView.  We would have to
check what has to happen with column reordering, DnD, etc, etc.

All of these brought to my memory the fact that TreeView doesn't have a 'vertical listview' mode where only one model column is repeated multiple times (and only that is selectable). IconView comes close, though it orders horizontally.

Sorry for off-topic

Vlad