Re: Can "enter-notify-event" be used on a GtkImage ?

2008/4/3, gtk amnesia accessgate com sg <gtk amnesia accessgate com sg>:
[GtkImage and event signals]
>  If I instead enable the NOTIFY_MASK's on an EventBox, then the signal handler
>  see's the signals.
[...]
>  It seems to me that somehow I ought to be able to trigger enter/leave events on
>  the image itself. Or can not that be done ?

It can not. Quote from the GtkImage description:

---
GtkImage is a "no window" widget (has no GdkWindow of its own), so by
default does not receive events.
----

This holds true to for any "no window" widget and any signal (at least
from GtkWidget) with the suffix "-event". It is true that GtkWidget
description probably should mention this (though I don't expect it to
be a logical place to look at for people wondering about this
particular problem), but it _is_ mentioned (briefly) in the official
tutorial:

  http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-tutorial/stable/x483.html

It also describes the eventbox method as the way to capture them, as you did.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi