Re: GdkPixbuf vs. Cairo, new image library needed?
- From: "BJörn Lindqvist" <bjourne gmail com>
- To: "Behdad Esfahbod" <behdad behdad org>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Subject: Re: GdkPixbuf vs. Cairo, new image library needed?
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:32:10 +0200
On 10/14/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 20:51 -0400, BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> > I have played around with Cairo some more and it seems to me that it
> > is not fully ready yet. :(
> Well, depends on your definition of ready. It sure is rendering my
> entire desktop good enough.
> > Cairo blits and scales much slower than
> > gdk-pixbuf (software that is) and doesn't support as good-looking
> > bilinear filtering that gdk-pixbuf does.
> Fix it then.
Sorry, I didn't mean to piss on Cairo. Just noting that some work
remains to be done.
] [Thread Prev