md5 in glib [was: Re: GtkFileChooser + thumbnails ... history?]

On 10/4/07, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:

> [1] well, there's a bug open[2] with a patch, providing a generic (MD5,
> SHA1 and SHA256) checksum API; I'd like a review of it so that it can go
> in GLib 2.16, now that Tim branched it.

Yes please! Last time I checked there was 18 different md5
implementations across gnome, although some of them came from external
modules. At least we have this in out stack:

* libsoup
* gnome-terminal
* liboil
* evolution-data-server (3)
* gimp
* gnome-vfs
* gst-plugins-good (2)
* bud-buddy
* gdm2

so it would be a nice GNOME 2.22 Goal to remove these duplications.

Salu2