Re: RFC: Gtk+ testing utilities

Some quick and random comments that come to mind...

> /* syncronize rendering operations with X server rendering queue */
> void            gtk_test_xserver_render_sync    (GdkWindow      *window);

> /* synthesize and send key press or release event */
> gboolean        gtk_test_simulate_key           (GdkWindow      *window,

> /* synthesize and send button press or release event */
> gboolean        gtk_test_simulate_button        (GdkWindow      *window,

Shouldn't the above be named gdk_test or take GtkWidget as parameter?

> /* synthesize and send key press or release event */
> gboolean        gtk_test_simulate_key           (GdkWindow      *window,
>                                                   gint            x,
>                                                   gint            y,
>                                                   guint           keyval,
>                                                   GdkModifierType modifiers,
>                                                   gboolean        press_or_release);
> /* synthesize and send button press or release event */
> gboolean        gtk_test_simulate_button        (GdkWindow      *window,
>                                                   gint            x,
>                                                   gint            y,
>                                                   guint           button, /*1..3*/
>                                                   GdkModifierType modifiers,
>                                                   gboolean        press_or_release);

Instead of gboolean press_and_release, how about using GDK_KEY_PRESS /
GDK_KEY_RELEASE and GDK_BUTTON_PRESS / GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE instead (or
anything more explicit than TRUE)? When reading the test code the
intention would be much more obvious.

>   while (gtk_events_pending ())
>     gtk_main_iteration ();

The test examples had quite a few of these, adding noise. Most of them
were related to spin buttons, so I suppose in general tests shouldn't
have many of these? Would it make sense to flush the events in
gtk_test_spin_button_click instead, for example?

--
Tommi Komulainen                            <tommi komulainen nokia com>