Re: Fwd: Supporting Gtk+ Maintenance

Hi Murray,

Le jeudi 29 mars 2007, à 23:27, Murray Cumming a écrit :
> On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 21:25 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > I'm wondering if gtk-devel-list is the place where the discussion about
> > collaboration should be happening: I don't know if having a mix of
> > technical discussions and collaboration discussions is good or not.
> > Having a separate mailing list might help, but it might also be a stupid
> > idea :-)
> >
> > What does the GTK+ team think?
>
> If it's going to be a public discussion then it should be on
> gtk-devel-list. It would be silly to create a new mailing list just to
> discuss this one subject. If it's meant to be a private discussion then
> a CC list will probably do it, with the advisory and board lists in it.

My point is: this is up to the GTK+ team to decide. I personnally don't
think there'll be anything private.

> You might also want to arrange an extra conference call with the
> advisory board if that's more to their liking. But that will probably
> take 2 or 3 months to arrange.

This is definitely something we'll do if people feel it's necessary.

> I'm disappointed that this has been turned into a discussion about
> discussing.

We're only trying to know how the GTK+ team wants to work. This is only
a first step :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.