Re: Smooth Scrolling

> After playing with Gedit a bit I think GTK+ isn't up to the task of
> scrolling fast enough to achieve that.

Well, it's always going to depend on machine power. We don't have to
worry about it until we consider making it default.

Optimisation can come later, at least while it's non-default.

As a bonus, all apps would get that nice Gaim feature where new messages
scroll into view gradually. I find this amazingly useful when not paying
attention to a window, as it gives you ~500ms of movement to notice it,
rather than just a single jump that leaves you a little bit confused as
to what just happened.

Hell, just typing this email now it reminds me, even Microsoft Word
causes stuff to move around smoothly when you hit Enter.
--
Alex Jones
http://alex.weej.com/