Re: g_get_user_config_dir leaks memory ?

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:19:22 -0600, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
> Also, the last time I checked, valgrind would only let you suppress
> messages about invalid accesses, not leaked memory.

No, it definitely allows suppressions for leaked memory, via a
Memcheck:Leak suppression entry. I've included an example below from
what cairo is using to ignore still-reachable memory from Xrm.

But you should be able to easily get exactly what you want from
valgrind with its --gen-suppressions=yes option.

-Carl

{
   XrmGetStringDatabase is fairly obnoxious about leaving reachable memory around
   Memcheck:Leak
   fun:malloc
   fun:PutEntry
   fun:GetDatabase