Re: ideas on improving the performance of gtk_tree_view

Kalle Vahlman wrote:
2007/3/22, Nicolas Setton <setton adacore com>:
[snip]
In any case, I suggest we cache this - probably there is no need to
do it in every expose call, only after the model data has changed.

...so it isn't really feasible to cache the renderer state. The good
news learned from the above is that if you simply move the renderer
creation outside the for loop, you'll get the same functionality but
without 4999 extra cellrenderers in memory :)
IIRC reusing single cell renderer in multiple columns was declared
broken and unsupported (because it was broken). Is this correct?

Yevgen