Re: Can't compile GTK applications

On Mar 18, 2007, at 5:43 PM, adam4444 burnie nu wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to learn GUI programming with GTK. I follow the tutorials
at the GTK website.

You want gtk-app-devel-list or gtk-list --- this list is for discussion of the development *of* gtk+, not *with* it.

But when I'm trying to compile a get some errors:

/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkobject.h:97: error: expected
specifier-qualifier-list before ‘GInitiallyUnownedClass’

Anybody got an idea of why it doesn't work?

Are you sure you have a sufficiently new version of glib installed and in your path?

--
If the monkey could type one keystroke every nanosecond, the expected waiting time until the monkey types out Hamlet is so long that the estimated age of the universe is insignificant by comparison ... this is not a practical method for writing plays.
  -- Gian-Carlo Rota