Re: Tooltips patch [take 1]

Damon Chaplin wrote:
Is there any real need for the "has-tooltip" property? From a quick look
at the API it doesn't seem that useful to me.

Only if the has-tooltip property is TRUE, the query-tooltip signal will be emitted for that widget. When has-tooltip is set to TRUE, the event masks of the widget's windows will be modified so that motion events are monitored.

The developer either wants to set a simple tooltip with "tooltip-markup"
or connect to the "signal-query" signal to set context-sensitive
tooltips.

When you set tooltip-markup to something which is not an empty string, the has-tooltip value will automatically be set to TRUE for that widget. I don't know if it is possible and/or wished to automatically set has-tooltip to TRUE when something connects to the query-tooltip signal.

regards,

-kris.