Re: convenience API for applying PangoAttributes to a GtkLabel

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 18:09 -0400, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> libgimpwidgets includes an API for conveniently apply PangoAttributes to
> a GtkLabel and I wonder if I should propose it for inclusion in GTK+:
> It is IMO more convenient than using g_strdup_printf() to embed a string
> into PangoMarkup. Here's a short example to make a label large and bold:
>   gimp_label_set_attributes (GTK_LABEL (label),
>                              PANGO_ATTR_SCALE,  PANGO_SCALE_LARGE,
>                              PANGO_ATTR_WEIGHT, PANGO_WEIGHT_BOLD,
>                              -1);
> The implementation can be reviewed in
> Sven

This is nice.  Makes sense to have it in Pango in fact I guess.  As
pango_attr_list_new_something().  Probably a pango_attr_new(type, ...)
too.  The only inconsistency here is that currently the various color
attribute constructors take separate r, g, b, instead of a PangoColor *.

Feel free to file a bug.

I also spotted a typo in the implementation: For
PANGO_ATTR_STRIKETHROUGH, it's doing a pango_attr_underline_new()
instead of a pango_attr_strikethrough_new().

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759