GTK+ 2.10.7 plans and Icon Theme crasher bug?

Hey guys.

I'm curious what the plans are for a GTK+ 2.10.7 release. I read over the archives and it seems the focus is on GTK+ 2.12 right now, which makes sense. However, there's a crasher bug (bug #381236) in current releases of GTK+ 2.10 that has been fixed in SVN but has not made it into a release.

We're running into this issue at VMware. Some of our users testing Workstation 6 beta have hit this problem, and we've confirmed it affects other GTK+ applications as well. Basically, some distributions (such as a recent Mandriva) ship an icon theme as the default that contains only a cursors directory, relying on the icontheme implementation to fall back to hicolor for all the icons they care about. GTK+ crashes on this setup.

Fortunately, this was fixed in r17424. Unfortunately, no releases have gone out with this fix. This means that our users who use Mandriva 2007 and some other distributions won't be able to run the product, and there's very little we can do about it. We will be filing a bug with these distributions to see if they can backport the fix, but it would be awesome if there was a new release so that we could bump up the fallback version we bundle. We have a small window of time (this month, basically) to do this, so we're hoping there's already a plan for an upcoming GTK+ 2.10.7 release, but we just need to know so that we can figure out our options :)

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chipx86 chipx86 com
VMware, Inc.