Re: Fwd: gtk+ API change; who should fix it? (A.k.a. Why isn't GNOME 2.19.4 released yet?)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Tommi Komulainen wrote:

On 6/22/07, Tim Janik <timj gtk org> wrote:
c) note that the actual compilation changes could easily be ironed out
    by Gtk+ by doing s/_tips_data_list/tips_data_list/ but was introduced
    deliberately, to catch remaining tips_data_list uses in third-party
    code which should be removed now, since tips_data_list became a
    mere alias for NULL for future Gtk+ versions.

The real killer I suppose is the change in semantics. Otherwise you
would've used tips_data_list vs. _tips_data_list depending on
GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED ?

yeah, additionally, *all* of GtkTooltips is going to be DEPRECTAED in
2.12, so we don't have the option deprecate uses of this one field
only.

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 tommi komulainen iki fi

---
ciaoTJ