Re: GType typedef API/ABI break.
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GType typedef API/ABI break.
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:48:26 +0200
On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 10:40 +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
> > What does %zu do? What bug does this solve?
> printf-ing a GType. so far, the "correct" way to print it would
> have been to use %lu if GLIB_SIZEOF_LONG == GLIB_SIZEOF_SIZE_T,
> and %zu (prints size_t) otherwise, allthough sizeof (GType) is
> guaranteed to always match sizeof (size_t) (not neccessarily
> sizeof (long)).
This doesn't seem worth the risk. printfing a GType as a number isn't
very useful or common, and people are used to typedefs having different
definitions on different platforms.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev