GLib 2.13.5 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.13.5 released
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:57:04 -0400
GLib 2.13.5 is now available for download at:
glib-2.13.5.tar.bz2 md5sum: 4f895af6d4f0c554b279437209f464ff
glib-2.13.5.tar.gz md5sum: 7ecc80535a70f23bd3611b1036044fca
This is another development release leading to 2.14.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.12. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.12.
* GLib 2.14 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.12 series. The new API additions in GLib
are finalized at this point. However, there may still
be incompatibilities between this release and the final
2.14 release, if problems with the new API are discovered.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.13.4 to GLib 2.13.5
* xdg-user-dirs support:
- the Desktop directory is guaranteed to be defined
- user-dirs.dirs is no longer reloaded on changes
* Slice allocator:
- new api to duplicate slices
* Regular expression support:
- GRegex is a boxed type now
* Bugs fixed:
44793 make check failing in trunk
354522 Small problem with PLT hiding 6 symbols
363986 glib 2.12.4 does not compile with SGI IDO cc
443869 g_type_class_add_private doesn't warn when adding 0-sized...
446859 Legitimately return 0 for g_quark_from_string(NULL)
447534 Small typo in g_timeout_add_seconds() doc
447935 g_get_current_dir SIGSEGV on long path
448260 CLAMP has surprising result if low > high
442029 add g_slice_dup()
445065 Add GRegex boxed type
448819 Add full version of g_timeout_add_seconds()
* Updated translations:
A list of all bugs fixed in this release can be found at:
Thanks to all the contributors:
June 18, 2007
] [Thread Prev