Re: GtkBuilder Public API - Last call

2007/6/14, Yevgen Muntyan <muntyan tamu edu>:
Kalle Vahlman wrote:

[snip philosophy]
> [1] though I don't really agree on widgets setting colors at all,
> regardless the fact that it then possibly won't look good with older
> themes (depending on what colors you can use).

If you are really interested, get a fresh tarball of gtksourceview
and see what a style scheme is. Perhaps then you'll stop convicting
me of breaking user themes, expectations, and whatnot. These
talks about how things should be in general are nice but are not
to the point.

Sure, but the basic issue was "should widgets set their name in the
constructor"[1]
Let's brew it down like this:

Me: njet.
You: da.

I think we are done here :)

[1] Regardless of what it is used for, I don't see style schemes
requiring that. In fact, I see benefit in making the style scheme be
the identifying one (not the widget) so it could be trivially
applyable to multiple widgets... But whatever.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi