Re: GtkBuilder Public API - Last call

Christian Persch wrote:
> Hi;
>
>> typedef void (*GtkBuilderConnectFunc) (GtkBuilder  *builder,
>>                                        const gchar *handler_name,
>>                                        GObject     *object,
>>                                        const gchar *signal_name,
>>                                        GObject     *connect_object,
>>                                        gboolean     after,
>>                                        gpointer     user_data);
>
> Could we have "GConnectFlags flags" instead of "gboolean after" here, so
> this could also support swapped handlers in future?

This was copied more or less directly from libglade, there's a certain
advantage of making this compatible with the existing code.

It definitely makes sense to support GConnectFlags though.

>> void         gtk_builder_connect_signals_full    (GtkBuilder   *builder,
>>                                                   GtkBuilderConnectFunc func,
>>                                                   gpointer      user_data);
>
> Why does this have no GDestroyNotify parameter for the user_data ?

Oversight.
(This was also copied from libglade which was written before GDestroyNotify
existed if I'm not mistaken)

Johan