Compositing (was: Whats coming in GTK+ 2.12)

On 07/06/07, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
Support for translucent toplevel windows and for compositing of subwindows.
The latter needs changes to cairo and the X Composite extension that are
still pending (hi keithp!). The motivation for the subwindow compositing
is the new panel applet api, but there are certainly other interesting
things that can be done with it.

So we have someone onboard who knows lots about X compositing. Could they perhaps come and help us out with metacity? We have cookies![*]

[*] you may need to come to Philadelphia to pick them up.