Compositing (was: Whats coming in GTK+ 2.12)

On 07/06/07, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
gdk_display_supports_composite
gdk_window_set_composited
gdk_window_set_opacity
Support for translucent toplevel windows and for compositing of subwindows.
The latter needs changes to cairo and the X Composite extension that are
still pending (hi keithp!). The motivation for the subwindow compositing
is the new panel applet api, but there are certainly other interesting
things that can be done with it.

So we have someone onboard who knows lots about X compositing. Could they perhaps come and help us out with metacity? We have cookies![*]

Thomas

[*] you may need to come to Philadelphia to pick them up.