Re: GtkBuildable type resolver

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 23:00 +0300, Markku Vire wrote:
[...]
> But you had a nice idea described in the bug #172535 (to use separate
> get_type attribute in the xml). This technique would save the day if
> the automatic classname => function mapping failed.
>
> The bad thing is that somebody still needs to know howto turn
> "GtkIMContext" (for example) into "gtk_im_context_get_type". UI builders
> can detect when they cannot find get_type function with expected name,
> but how they actually form the final result? Perhaps the widget catalog
> that the UI builders use will contain this information.

>From glade we can easily just always output the reliable
get_type_function instead of the abstract "type name".

I dont see this as a bad thing at all either, the get_type_function()
is the real reliable access point to get your GType, my concern
(as pointed out in my other mail) is whether this will hold with
widgets in different languages, i.e. should there be some kind
of GType get_type_from_name (gchar *name) proxy function registered by
bindings frameworks ?

Cheers,
                   -Tristan