GLib 2.13.3 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.13.3 released
- Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 12:03:14 -0400
GLib 2.13.3 is now available for download at:
glib-2.13.3.tar.bz2 md5sum: 3cc87720531d9093501a52845d7619fa
glib-2.13.3.tar.gz md5sum: 7514863a05135de1d5a85da7e681876f
This is the fourth development release leading up to GLib 2.14.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.12. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.12.
* GLib 2.14 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.12 series; however, the new API additions
in GLib 2.13.3 are finalized at this point. However,
there may still be incompatibilities between this
release and the final 2.14 release, if problems with
the new API are discovered.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.13.2 to GLib 2.13.3
- Added defines for easier handling of desktop files
* Unicode support:
- Update g_unichar_iswide_cjk for Unicode 5.0
* Regular expression support:
- GRegex structs can now be ref-counted
- Some new functions for dealing with incremental
replacement have been added
- The GRegexEvalCallback signature has been changed
* g_get_user_special_dir() has been added to support
* Bugs fixed:
419376 Functions using named subpatterns behave inconsistently w...
434358 g_regex_fetch_named() and g_regex_fetch_named_pos() are b...
423708 typo in the README.win32 file see patch below
339225 Add new defines for easier handling of .desktop files
442265 API additions/changes for GRegex
432651 Add a glib-ish xdg_user_dir_lookup
* Updated translations:
Thanks to everybody who contributed to this release
June 4, 2007
] [Thread Prev