Multiple GdkScreens?

Hi everyone,

I am working on the Gnome SOC project for RandR 1.2 in Gnome.

I just have a quick question about GdkScreens. In what scenario is
there ever more than one GdkScreen? If I understand things correctly,
a GdkScreen is the same as a screen in X: one large virtual "canvas"
which can consist of multiple monitors. As far as I know, the number
of screens in X is hard coded to 1, and always will be (hence
xinerama, and now RandR 1.2).

Are there other platforms on which Gdk may have more than one screen?
Or if multiple X servers are running, with multiple copies of Gnome,
do they still share the same gdk?

Thanks,

Pascal