Re: openPrinting + the dialog...

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 22:55 +0200, peter sikking wrote:
> It also does not need to be finished next month. It is gonna
> take a year or more to roll this out. I just want to get started
> with one or two of you to work on discussing how to realise our
> innovative UI, the GNOME way. So that by the end of this year we
> can have UI specifications ready for gtk.

You might also want to take a look at the OpenSolaris Presto project,
which is the next gen printing project for Solaris-- doesn't radically
change the existing print dialog (mainly because we don't have any
direct control over it and want to maintain as few patches as possible),
but adds a couple of interesting new bits here and there.

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/presto/

(Actually the UI Concept document there is a little out of date, not to
mention incomplete, but the general gist of it is there...)

Cheeri,
Calum.