GLib 2.13.7 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.13.7 released
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:13:31 -0400
GLib 2.13.7 is now available for download at:
glib-2.13.7.tar.bz2 md5sum: dc4b91e3b2479809da8356ceedc9407d
glib-2.13.7.tar.gz md5sum: 9dd94b07ed54b39b629934d7ec1ad5b7
This is the final development release leading to GLib 2.14
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.12. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.12.
* GLib 2.14 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.12 series. The new API additions in GLib
are finalized at this point. We expect the API of
GLib 2.14 to be identical to GLib 2.13.7.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.13.6 to GLib 2.13.7
* The memory corruption warning from the slice allocator that
occurred when threads were initialized after the slice allocator
has been removed, as the slice allocator now works fine
in this scenario.
* New functions g_once_init_enter() and g_once_init_leave() make
it easier to write threadsafe one-time initialization functions
* Bugs fixed:
454473 Simple XML Subset Parser terminates on invalid XML
445813 g_module_open error, add file name
453796 errno gets clobbered by g_filename_display_name
341988 don't use "-c" with msgfmt in Makefile.in.in
447048 Please produce slightly more output during long tests
454785 GModule documentation lists same block of code twice.
454786 GModule documentation lists same paragraph twice.
383155 small docs quirks in gobject/closure API documentation
65041 _get_type() functions aren't thread safe
* Updated translations
A list of all bugs fixed in this release can be found at:
Thanks to everybody who contributed to this release:
July 12, 2007
] [Thread Prev