Re: GtkBuilder report

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 21:37 +0000, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
[...]
> > My opinion is quite simply, if we dont crash when loading a jpeg,
> > we shouldnt crash when loading a glade file.
>
> because a jpeg image doesn't define your application - a UI definition
> file does. :-)

A UI definition defines a UI, not nescisarilly the UI that is being
displayed, furthermore, a file parsable by GtkBuilder is by no means
restricted to defining a UI, you can serialize any set of GObjects
with references/hierarchical relationships this way.

I dont even see why we're having this discussion, theres no reason
to lower the bar based on some premature conception of the use
cases of GtkBuilder, as specially when someone (me) is here
volunteering to do the work and make it actually stable.

Cheers,
              -Tristan