Re: bugs regarding late g_thread_init() calls

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:

Morten Welinder wrote:

I am looking around and I am having trouble finding a single application
that does this new (yes, new) required initialization right.

Either...

1. Applications do not explicitly call g_thread_init and call gtk_init too late.
2. Applications call g_thread_init too late.
3. Applications call g_thread_init too early.

Does anyone want to claim a case that is right for a non-trivial application?
Something with a translated GUI.

Does this count:

http://mooedit.sourceforge.net/hg/moo/?f=-1;file=medit/medit-app.opag
line 259.

if you call g_mem_set_vtable(), you have to call it before any other
glib function, including g_thread_init(). otherwise the vtable
allocator you're plugging won't get paired alloc/free calls and get
messed up.
if you're calling g_slice_set_config(), you don't know what you're doing,
it's declared *internal* API.

I admit it wasn't the case before this stuff started, but it was like that
with __WIN32__ defined :)

Regards,
Yevgen

---