Re: [gfvs] cdda backend
- From: "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: "David Zeuthen" <david fubar dk>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Subject: Re: [gfvs] cdda backend
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:57:45 -0500
On Dec 20, 2007 11:36 AM, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk> wrote:
> I'll try to iterate over the patch. Thanks for considering!
> > > Of course, it's fine if this is not a goal for gio but then volume
> > > monitor API of gio isn't really useful outside the file manager and the
> > > file chooser and should perhaps be private API instead.
> > I just want to make sure we don't add something that apps can't use that
> > we have to support forever. We need to make sure all APIs are right,
> > sane and useful. I'm tired of maintaining big-bag-of-crap libraries...
> Yeah. I'll try to be preemptive and raise the idea of x-content/* on the
> xdg lists. That's one thing we want standardized...
Before thinking of standardizing, I'd propose to start a discussion
with the authors of the apps that you have talked so much about here:
f-spot, rhythmbox, etc.
If they all think this is cool, you are onto something and may proceed
] [Thread Prev