Re: [directfb-dev] Expose event for DirectFb

Sreenivas Chowdary wrote:
> As far as i know there is no expose equivalent event on DirectFb.
> There are events for DirectFbWindow like window got focus, keypress,
> button press, mouse cursor motion etc....
> We also faced same issue about expose event when porting firefox.

DirectFB does only know about the top level windows and never changes
their content on its own. So there's no need for expose events sent
by DirectFB.

A toolkit needs to manage child windows itself and do whatever is needed
to redraw within the top level window surface. Sending expose events,
queueing updates or just calling its drawing functions is up to the toolkit.

I don't have a complete overview of all expose, redraw, paint, update, queue
stuff of GTK+/GDK and the backends. But the code in GDK-DirectFB might still
need some updates, either for fixing issues or to benefit from improvements
in the GDK layer.

--
Best regards,
  Denis Oliver Kropp