GtkFileChooser and GVFS backend

Hello!

Is there any progress on the GtkFileChooserBackend for GIO?

Now when we have a good VFS/GIO in glib why not just deprecate
GtkFileSystem API and some of the GtkFileChooser API and only have one
"backend" namely GIO. If I am correct GIO already working backends for
native Windows/Unix and by that we dont need the old GTkFile* stuff?

This way we hopefully can get the FileChooser to be less abstract :-)

Also IMHO. there is some that should/must be fixed in GtkFileChooser:

1. Enter ".."  in the location entry and then press <Return> should NOT
close the dialog it should insted jump to parent dir the same way as if
you enter "../" (same for subdirectorys in the same folder not close
dialog just jump to that folder)

2. There should atleast be a way to rename files in the
FileChooserDialog. That will probadly be simple to implement atleast in
the GIO backend?

3. Copy/Move/Paste feature. If not directly in the dialog atleast it
must be possible to copy selected files/folders to the clipboard and
paste it in a filebrowser like nautilus.

4. A button or popup menu with an option to "Open current folder in a
filebrowser (nautilus?)"

I would gladly help fix this bugs/features but first I need to check all
the related stuff. The FileChooser is very abstract IMHO...

Greets

M.H. - Tielie