Re: gtk_bindings_activate

Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:

2007/12/1, Yevgen Muntyan <muntyan tamu edu <mailto:muntyan tamu edu>>:

    Forgive me if I didn't understand the problem correctly, but isn't it
    the same as:
    you turn on Russian keyboard layout, you press Ctrl-C (C meaning
    English key on the keyboard, it generates Russian S), and nothing
    happens. Neither for accelerators (gtk_accel_* stuff) nor for
    keybindings (Ctrl-C in GtkEntry).

Yes, it is. Nothings happens.
    Is it supposed to work? Because
    it doesn't (same thing in KDE). I thought it was just one of those
    things why Linux sucks ;)

It works in KDE (in all applications I use). Because, as I understood, applications shouldn't analyze it (it's low level thing and the bottom library should).

Hm, what keyboard layout are you using? I assumed it simply
didn't work, but you are saying GTK is different from KDE.

Does Ctrl-C work for you in entries? Does it work with accelerators?
Try it in gtk-demo, it has both (I know you said it didn't work,
but just to make sure you are not testing your own code
which may or may not have some other bugs).

Linux doesn't suck ;) Linux is a very cool operating system.

I know, it's why it's my desktop OS. But it does have its quirks,
if you prefer a nicer word :)

Thanks,
Yevgen