Re: error compiling gtk-2.10.11

Robert Schwebel wrote:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 10:56:22AM -0500, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
----------8<----------
[snip]
make[3]: *** [gtkbuiltincache.h] Error 1
----------8<----------
Using debian with gtk-2.8 as host system?

Yup. Bad enough, but gtk is not very cross compilation friendly in this
regard.
It got a *lot* frendlier in this regard ;)
I'd have to build gtk-update-icon-cache for the host, but in
order to even configure it in a separate directory, it is necessary to
install glib/atk/pango/cairo/fontconfig/half-of-X, although it would
probably only need glib. I've no real idea for a good solution, probably
something like a '--enable-tools' and '--enable-libs' switches, which
default to the current case, but make it possible to build only these
tools necessary for a cross build.
jhbuild is an easy solution; taking gtk-update-icon-cache sources from cvs and
building it without gtk is even easier.
You need gtk-update-icon-cache from gtk-2.10.

The code that hardcodes argv[1] to be the filename is equal in both
versions, so I don't see why it shoud work differently. But maybe I'm
missing something. Did you test it, or is it just an assumption?
I actually thought gtk-2.10 has new option (--force), never checked it really, but I would be surprised if it wasn't true. Note that argv[1] is taken after argv is passed through GOption stuff, i.e. argv[1] is first non-option argument *after* checking command line options. It's tested - I am using debian, and I use separately built gtk-2.10 for linux (not a huge problem since I do want to test new gtk) to build
gtk-2.10 for windows.

Best regards,
Yevgen