Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information Request for gtk+

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Lucas Rocha wrote:

Dear maintainer,

GNOME 2.18 was released ~1 month ago, and we've all started to focus
on the next development cycle. A new roadmapping process has been
proposed[1] to know our short-term and long-term plans. The goal is to
compose a GNOME-wide roadmap for the next stable releases. And we need
your help to do this. It's important that you take a few minutes to
reply to the following questions before May 7.

----

- What are your plans for GNOME 2.20 (next 4 months, before feature and
UI freezes)?

the only definitiely decided plan/roadmap information we have so far is
summarized under topic (3) of the meeting minutes from FOSDEM:
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-March/msg00001.html
   (Minutes of the GTK+ meeting at FOSDEM)

that is: "be feature complete during mid-May and release mid-June after
          a stabilization phase of one month."

anything beyond that is probably going to be discussed/decided during GUADEC:
  http://guadec.org/node/596	(GTK+ State of the Union)
  http://guadec.org/node/615	(Gtk+ 3.0: "Why and why not would we want it?")
we might also have another Gtk+ BOF or so there, similar to FOSDEM.

The Roadmap Gang

---
ciaoTJ